Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Everyday a new adventure

There have been many times in my life (especially the last 5 years) what I have felt that I lead a fairly predictable life. Happily married, 2 cats, mediocre job, not too much left to chance. But 2009 has been a topsy-tervy, wild ride and its just beginning!



At the beginning of the year we decided it was time to start a family. A decision that neither one of us took lightly. After careful planning and preparation I went off birth control in March. By May I was pregnant and blissfully excited! To add to the family news my sister found out she was pregnant a mere 2 1/2 weeks before me! BIG CHANGE!



After reality set in we realized just how much needed to change to prepare us for this baby. For various reasons we are going to need to get rid of both of our cats. A decision that breaks my heart but I feel is the right thing for our growing family. AGAIN BIG CHANGE!



In further preparation we decided that it was finally time for Michael to go back to school! He has been accepted into InverHills Community college and had his orientation today. He is registered for classes (for fall semester) and we should hear from financial aid by the end of the week. I'm so very excited for him and this new challenge in his life. I'm slightly jealous of his new adventure but I know that this is SO good for him and for us. EVEN BIGGER CHANGE!



With predictability out the window and change abounding I somehow feel a strange twinge of excitement! I know much of it won't be easy and scared is a mild term for the feeling I'm going to become very familiar with but I have no doubt that it will all be completely worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment